Electric Vehicle Charging For Residential Apartment Blocks
Sales of electric vehicles increased exponentially over the last few years, and they're showing no signs of slowing down. As a property manager or owner, one of the ways that you attract and retain tenants is by staying ahead of their needs, and adding EV charging stations to your property is a great way to set your property apart from your competition.
If you own or manage a property, contact SED EV Car Charging and our professionals will help you decide on the perfect EV charger for your property before providing you with a high quality installation. We offer free no obligation survey and consultation.
There are many types of electric vehicle charge points to choose from. SED are independent consultants and installers. We are partners and work with the major EV charger manufactures, but we are not tied to one particular Brand so we can recommend the most appropriate and cost effective solution.
SED will work closely with you to ensure we install the most suitable charge points for your needs – whether for your residents, staff or other visitors to your building.
We will identify, supply and install the charging solution you require, providing end to end project management for your charge points.
SED has already installed the largest EV charging system in an existing apartment block in the UK to date. We can utilise the existing available power and install a power sharing EV Charging system. This saves on the costly upgrading of the Electrical intake infrastructure
Above: Load sharing system installation
Why Install Charge Points In Residential Apartments?
- To meet the needs of residents who own an electric vehicle.
- To make a property more attractive to potential buyers and renters.
- To accommodate the charging requirements of employees or third party maintenance companies who service the apartments.
- To boost your environmental credentials.
- Increase the Value of the individual apartments.
- Have an additional revenue stream or cover the costs of the Electricity. SED can even takes care of the Billing and admin for you or set up and train your staff in Cloud Back Office.
- SED can install the Backbone infrastructure, for a fraction of the overall cost. The New EV owner then pays for their individual charger and installation costs. This future proofs the Building at an affordable entry level.
Installing Charge Points At Your Property
SED will help you decide which type of charge point (EVCP) is best for your property, consider the following:
- What speed of charge will residents require? Do they just need to charge up overnight, or will a faster speed of charge be required?
- Do you wish to offer charging for free or record the cost of the electricity each resident uses, so you can bill them at the end of each week/month?
- We can take care of the billing if you do not wish to have extra administration
- If you bill residents, do you want to just recover the cost of the electricity used?
- Can you control access to the apartment’s car park? If not, access controls on the EVCPs may be required.
- Do you have suitable parking bays close to a wall or will the EVCPs need to be free standing?
- The power supply available compared to the number of EVCPs you wish to install.
We work with you
At SED, we will work through each of these considerations with you, to ensure the EVCPs installed meet your current and future requirements. We are independent EV Charging Consultants and installers. This means we are not tied to one particular system and can offer the best charging solution for your particular needs . Please see a look at our EV charging partners below.